Saturday, November 8, 2008

Six Sigma Execution and Learning

If there is one book that I would recommend to read first - it would be George Eckes' Six Sigma Execution. I find it easier to read - and will not bog you down with lots of statistics stuff. Don't get me wrong, I like statistics - though I still have to learn a lot - but with his book, I found to be practical.

For an appreciation of the DMAIC approach, this book worked for me. And if you need quick results, I would suggest Six Sigma Execution. However, when you do have the time - strengthen your statistics knowledge. This will improve your data analysis skills.

Everyday, I'm trying to find the time to study statistics. The irony of it though - is that the more I study statistics - the more I know that there are lots of things I do not know about it. And thus my passion for getting my hands on various statistics books - both classical and contemporary ones.

The beauty of this though - is that I am continuously learning. And if you love to learn, you will study for the pure joy of it - at least I do.

No comments: